Monday, March 23, 2020

3/16 - 3/22

A Yoyo week. That is what I call it. Maybe they are all Yoyo weeks, but the goal is always consistency. I kept the swimming up and the lifting was OK, but the running was like falling off a cliff. 

Monday I swam 5,265 metes, did not run at all because of a gimpy knee, and lifted a bit. Remember this is the day that I picked up at the gym from last week and did the skipped workouts. Tuesday I swam 4,821 meters and shuffled for the first time in several day. I went a mere 1.78 miles, but I was out there fighting back. I lifted also and did my push work out of its normal sequence.

Wednesday I swam 5,027 meters and cut the running all the way back to 1.47 miles. I did not lift because I did pulls and legs on Monday and pushes Tuesday leaving me without enough recovery time to repeat any of those. Thursday I swam 3,336 meters. I don't remember why I did not lift or run. Maybe I was lazy. Maybe the weather got bad. Maybe my body was speaking to me and said, "Hang out with the cats. I need a break and they need you."

Friday I tired to get back on the scoreboard. I stroked a short 2,399 meters, failed to run and failed to lift. Wow. What is happening to me? Saturday I did shuffle for a week's long 2.05 miles. I did lots of lifting to fill in all the gaps. I did push, pulls, and legs, everything. 

So for the week, I

ran 5.3 miles
swam 20,952 meters, and
lifted three times.

That is suspect training right there, especially when you consider that I was off work. Well, sort of off work. We didn't go in to the school but moved online. I want to go back to work. I confuse people better in person than I do online.

Thank you, Jesus, for keeping us safe. Help our nation. Forgive our sin, wake us from our spiritual slumber, and heal our divisions. May America bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment