Saturday, March 7, 2020

Running like an Old Man

I like it when I already have my minimum standards met. Then I can take it easy. That's what I did Friday. Sort of. I already had over 20,000 meters of swimming in the books so I asked the question I asked last week. What do I need to do? The answer? Sprints and breast stroke. At the pool, I swam

125 2:20
1,075 19:24
18 X 50 r:1:00
150 small paddles
4 X 25 breast (this stroke kills me)
150 small paddles
total: 2,600 yards = 2,376 meters

After lunch, I realized that I did not have my minimum standards met for my road work so I went out to meet them. I drove to Wade Road. Why? Sometimes I can't bear the thought of shuffling before the world. Most of the time I don't care, but occasionally I just don't want to be seen. It could have something to do with an incident that happened Wednesday while I was running. Someone I know stopped, rolled his window down, and yelled, "You run like an old man."

I yelled back, "I am an old man."

He seemed disappointed in me. 

I didn't want to disappoint anyone else so I went to Wade Road, parked out there and shuffled for 5.02 miles. 

I was a little short on energy for the gym. That wasn't a bad day. Now what to do about running like an old man? Thank you, Jesus, that I can run at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment