Saturday, March 21, 2020

New Low

Friday I hit a new low for activity. I met John at the pool at 4:00 a.m. I was leery because of the pec issues I had Thursday. So I started slow and tapered off. To make a short story long, I never felt anything bad. I am pretty sure I am OK. But knowing myself from past experience, it might be weeks before I have the confident to open it up, to put the hammer down, to swim really hard. That's O.K. too as long as I stay wet. I warmed up with the brick, 25 yard back, and then 1,700 straight. After that, I started brick kicking with an easy 100 between. At first I was doing it with the Zoomers (short fins) that reside at the pool. I made it both ways, with the current and against it. It is a little bit easier with the fins on. Then I went east on the north wall without fins. That direction in that lane has the strongest current, almost like a river. I made it but the pain was immense. My lungs felt like they were going to explode and my quadriceps felt like they had been bitten off my a grizzly bear. I finished with 2,625 yards. I guess you can tell there was a lot of stalling in there.

I had to work in the afternoon, from 1:00 to 5:00. The school has opened a call center and staffed it with teachers. Nine of us unsocial distanced for several hours to answer five phone calls. Nine workers for five phone calls. That, my friend, is efficiency at its finest. I went home exhausted. I had rather swim for that many hours straight. It's easier.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day, a healthy body, and a hopeful outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment