Saturday, March 14, 2020

SB Day Five

I fell off the wagon on day five of my break. I was at the pool early where I was supposed to meet John at 4:00 a.m. I was in the water before then. He was late. What else is new? With my new watch, I saved the swim before I wrote it down, and I was not able to access the splits after that. I swam 

4,100 yards

The swim included a 1,200 warm up, a couple of sets of 50s about, a 1,200 yard backstroke set, some 25/25 free/back, and one set of 75/25 free/back. It was a good practice considering I swam 8,800 yards the day before.

My knee was feeling gimpy so I decided to take the day off from running. I did, however, plan to and want to go to Plate City. But the monsoons have not yet ended. I am really growing tired of all this rain, rain almost every day. I try to enjoy it. Really I try. But I have about enjoyed all I can stand.

Penny was off work and wanted to go to Grenada to a Christian bookstore there. We left about 3:00 o'clock but first we went by Century Funeral Home. Russel B-- that is all I knew him by-- had died, and Penny was upset. I never knew the man, but she spoke of him often and was very fond of him. After that, we drove to Grenada and found the store, Cornerstone Christian Book Store. I went in but was out within minutes. These stores rarely interest me. One reason is that I own over 3,000 volumes. Another reason is I have also been in some good stores. This one is only a fraction of what I have at home. As a pastor, I always go to the reference section to see if there are any interesting commentaries that might aid me in my sermon preparation. All they had was a few volumes of J Vernon McGee.

Penny, however, seemed to enjoy herself. She was in there a long time while I listened to country music on the radio in the parking lot. When she finally finished, we went to Jake and Rips for supper. We had a nice meal and then went to Spencer's for ice-cream. It was a pleasant day, a better night, and we even got home in time for me to watch Gold Rush.

Praise the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment