Friday, March 27, 2020

Back to Back

I back on track, Wednesday, and I made it back to back. That's right, I did a three-workout day two days in a row. At the pool, I thought I might go long, but I felt my pec, not pain, just a sensation. So I tapped out after 5,300 straight. Still a pretty decent number bringing to to 20,655 meters for the year. When looking at my training diary, I realized that I am on pace to swim over 1,000,000 meters in 2020. I don't know if I will actually get that many, but I am on that pace now.

After lunch and a nap, I shuffled 2.68 miles. The knee, praise the Lord, is getting better. I fear, however, that I am losing the base, not the general fitness base but the endurance base. The Viking Half Marathon has not yet been rescheduled. If they announce it for next month will I be able to do it? I has been seventeen days since I did a long run. I refuse to try to rush back to long running. You might have noticed that I am easing the distance up be a couple of tenths per mile per day.

I mowed the front lawn late in the day and then I went to Plate City. It was pull time. On the one-armed bent row, I pulled

21 X 40
13 X 50
10 X 55
  8 X 60
  4 X 65
  4 X 65

I also did two sets of Swim Pulls, and four sets of face pulls. It was a solid day and I slept well. I have noticed that when I do all three workouts that I sleep much better. Thank you, Jesus, for good rest last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment