Monday, March 30, 2020

3/23 - 3/29

Another week of social distancing has left me a little more fit than I was before. I am reading of people having mental difficulty with all of this. It is no joke that introverts like me don't have an issue with being alone. I do miss my church family, however, and I hope we resume services soon, like this week. I also find working from home a bit odd. I don't feel like I am as effective as I am in the classroom. But, as the old saying goes, it is what it is.

Monday I did not run. I think it was rain that did me in. I don't remember. I guess I should start writing that down in my training journal. I did not lift either. I did swim. I went for the long one since I did not get one in last week. I tapped out at 7,000 yards not because of fatigue, but I felt a little twinge in my right pec and thought it best not to press the issue.

Tuesday I swam 5,200 yards giving two solid back to back swims. I also ran, 2.37 miles, but for some forgotten reason I did not lift. Wednesday I did all three with 5,100 yards in the pool, 2.51 miles on the road, and lots of lifting at the gym. That's the way it's done right there.

Thursday I swam a good 5,300 yards and gently upped the running to 2.68 miles. At Plate City I lifted heavy on my pulling routine. Friday I swam 4,900 yards, shuffled 2.79 miles, and smashed the weights and my finger at the gym. The finger is recovering nicely, but it was a real scare as the pain was immense and the blood copious. I did not know for a while how bad I was injured. By the grace of God, I have a blue and sore finger with a healing cut on it, but I can still function.

For the week, I

lifted weights three times,
ran 13.79 miles, and
swam a solid 25,153 meters.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment