Monday, March 2, 2020

2/24 - 3/1

I'm back in the 20/20 territory. For the three previous weeks I have failed to reach those numbers. The last two weeks I have fallen short in the running. Three weeks ago I failed to swim much due to a severe bout of kidney stone attacks. For this seven day period, I was firing on all cylinders. 

Monday I swam 5,689 meters, shuffled 2.62 miles, and lifted weights. Tuesday I swam 3,496 meters and ran a whopping 10.35 miles. I did not, however, make it to the gym during that time.

Wednesday I swam another 3,724 meters and shuffled a mere 2.27 miles. I lifted weights for the second time during the week. Thursday I swam my big straight one of 8,000 yards (7,312 meters) and did road work for 2.42 miles.

Friday I swam a short 2,376 meters and ran an easy 3.6 miles. I lifted for both push and pull. Saturday I did strongman training with dead lifts, keg carries, and farmer's walks. 

All of this made for a solid training cycle. For the week, I

swam 22,595 meters,
lifted weights four times, and 
ran 21.26 meters.

That is good training, and I am beginning to feel OK with it. I had been a little down because my pool times have not been so good until this week. My Friday 50s were as good as I ever did last year, and I set a PR in the backstroke. My time trials are a little off, but I am swimming early in the morning before breakfast which could account for that. I am more fit, having swum more total miles and having run much more than this time a year ago. Also, overall I am stronger than ever, and I mean ever. At 63, I am the strongest I have ever been. This can only help my swimming. My goal is to win another four gold medals in the Mississippi Senior Olympics and beat my times from last year while doing it.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment