Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Tuesday

Although the whole town, state, country, world is shut down, I am trying to keep going, to stay open for business, to stay open for working out. This week, it seems, I am not doing so well. Monday I swam but did no other workouts. Rain and the desire for ease overcame me and made me shut down like everything else. Tuesday I performed only slightly better, swimming and shuffling short. In the pool, I went in at 1:30 and swam

2,500 47:34
200 tt 3:17
1,300 back 31:12
1,200 23:58
total: 5,200 yards = 4,752 meters

I might not be doing well overall, but for the first two training days of the week, I am at 11,150 meters. That is a record for the year and maybe for all time. I would have to spend hours checking records to confirm that, so I will just assume it.

I guess I have things out of order because I shuffled in the morning before I swam. I ran 2.37 miles. It was warm, and I sweated a lot. That is coming back to us, the heat, whether we are ready for it or not. I have always enjoyed the heat, reveled in it. But last year, not so much. If you remember, September was our hottest month of the year. The daily highs were 98 to 100 every single day, and I mean every singly day. I kept thinking as I went out to run that it can't stay this hot all month. But it did stay that hot all month and all the way to October the 8th. What will this year bring? Let me guess: heat. It is going to get hot, stay hot, and to run you must be determined. Lord help me.

Thank you, Jesus, for the coming heat. Thank you for the health to train, to play, to have fun. Help my friend John get well. Help our country to get well. Curse this illness and send it from our midst. By your stripes we are healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment