Sunday, March 22, 2020

Lazy Saturday



Sometimes the best thing you can do is nothing. I like doing nothing. It's become one of my hobbies, and I'm pretty good at it, a natural. It's easy and it always makes me feel better, stronger, more refreshed and ready to do something.

I did, however, do a bit. That little writeup I posted yesterday happened Saturday. You remember. I wrote about discovering that one of my friends now walks on a cane. Shocking. And I shuffled. Not far, but I went 2.05 miles. The knee is still a little gimpy so I am still taking it a little easy. Maybe next week I can do a bit more.

Then I went to Plate City Gym. After a nap, of course. Since I missed two straight workouts, I did a bit of everything. I pressed the most log I ever have while letting the bench slide. I went for a world record on it, but missed. Surely, I thought, I am strong enough to break my old mark, but alas, it was not to be. I took it easy on the legs, but I did do three sets of leg presses. I also did rowing, cable machine work, facepulls, and Swim Pulls. But where I dug deep was on the deadlift. There I set a new Association of Sports Strongmen world record thus further humiliating my nemesis Randy Beets. I pulled

5 X 135
4 X 155
3 X 165
2 X 175
1 X 185 world record

What did Randy do? He posted a picture of himself in a horse water tub with some ice in it. He was making the mean face. Am I supposed to be intimidated? I know his mother is proud of him.

Thank you, Jesus, for enemies like Randy. With enemies like that, who needs friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment