Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Two out of Three

My first day back at work was a bit strange. We are closing school for the week, and we are socially distancing (I think that is the new term) but our administration was desperate to get us all into one room. Thank God I was allowed to go to work in Greenwood for the day. But even there we were ordered into one room for some training. Why we could not do this in our offices, I am not sure. Maybe they want us to die? There were, thank the Lord, only three faculty members in Greenwood-- a few were in Greenville and who knows how many were piled up on the Moorhead campus-- so I did not encounter too many people.

I had a lot of work to do. Since I do not use Canvas extensively, I was at a bit of a disadvantage when it came to putting my instruction online. Thankfully, Anita Horn walked me through some things, and I was able to get it all done in a few hours. Now I only hope for not too many complications with the students. And I wonder how long this is going to last. My wife said that I am getting more vacation. It is not exactly like that. This online stuff takes a lot of time.

Before all the fun at work, I went to the pool and swam

3,000 1:01:30
4 X 50
200 small paddles
200 fast (forgot to start watch)
300 4:58 r :50
300 5:03 r :50
400 medium paddles
25
brick kick
1,250 25/25 free/back
total: 5,875 yards = 5,367 meters

After work, I took a nap and decided to let my knee have another day off. A lot of people face the issue of having their gyms closed. That is just one of the advantages of a home gym. I can go whenever I want. Since I missed my final two workouts last week, I picked up there instead of starting over. In the past, I would do my push workout. Now I did pull and legs.

Lat pull down

31 X 55
22 X 65
16 X 75
11 X 85
  7 X 90

I am still working with the cable machine every workout. I love the way I can do facepulls on it. That works both the back deltoids as well as the rotator cuffs with the external rotations.

For the legs, I did several sets of squats and several sets of leg extensions.

Although it was only two, it was still a solid day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment