Monday, March 9, 2020

3/1 - 3/8

Patterns. All of life is about patterns, I often tell my students this. I wonder if they ever pick up what I am laying down. In my training, several patterns have been emerging of late. Tuesday has become long run day. Thursday is now long swim day. Every day except Sunday is lifting day. But Saturday is strongman day, the day I play with the strongman equipment and lifts. Last week the pattern held.

Monday I swam 5,781 meters. I did not, however, lift or swim. Tuesday I did that long run with a 12.51 mile effort. First I swam 4,684 meters and lifted weights. Wednesday was more swimming but nothing else. I did 4,204 in the pool.

Thursday I went for 8,500 straight. Then I shuffled 3.05 miles. I also did my lifting just like my momma taught me. Friday I swam a mere 2,376 meters, shuffled for 5.02 miles, and took a nap.

Saturday I swam again, my first six-time swim week this year, if memory serves me right. I only did 1,371 meters. Later in the day I went to Plate City to play. I got the yoke out for the first time in a while. I carried it fifty feet loaded to 180 pounds, and I did lots of yoke squats going all the way to 260 pounds. I also dead lifted up to a top set of 180. So I moved a lot of weight. I felt it when I went inside. That is a good feeling. 

For the week, I

ran 20.59 miles,
lifted a mere three times, and 
swam 26,185 meters.

That is my biggest swimming week of the year. I hope to exceed that this week since I am on Spring Break. I always try to load up a big week during the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment