Friday, March 6, 2020

Back to Three

Thursday was a good one starting with sleeping in. Even if John were back, I still sleep in on Thursday. All day I was feeling the coming of Spring Break 2020. The students were feeling the freedom of the upcoming Spring Break also with attendance being way down. After school, after lunch, and after a nap, I went to the pool. It doesn't take much to write out this one. I swam

8,500 straight in 2:31:35 at an average pace of 1:47 per 100. That's good swimming right there, I don't care if your'e Michael Phelps. Well, maybe it's not so good for him. My heart rate was up to an average of 135, though. I can't resist another chart, this one of my last three long swims


Distance    Time              Pace         Heart Rate
7,400          2:17:40          1:51          135
8,000          2:25:55          1:49          124
8,500          2:31:35          1:47          135


Now I know I will be trying to beat that each week. I also know that most likely that is not possible. What is needed, however, is to swim a little farther and longer each time. However, seeing those numbers tells me I am getting more fit.

I went home after the swim and took nutrition, rested, and watched some of the Paul Finebaum Show. He was getting raked over the coals by a long-time caller, Jim from Tuscaloosa. Jim said he hated Paul, that Jim had made the show, that Paul was morally corrupt, and Paul was evil. And that is just the parts I remember. Paul took it in stride, let him say it all, let him yell. The following callers all wanted Paul to block Jim from calling the show anymore. I think he should not block him because that was the most entertaining call I have ever heard. And Paul was a model of how to handle it: let him yell, let him make his accusations, smile through it all, and take the next call.

I went out for a short shuffle of 3.06 miles. Then I went to Plate City and did squats, bench presses, and the log press. On the bench I pressed

20 X 95
13 X 110
10 X 120

I only did one set of the log, but it was a new Association of Sports Strongmen world record. I was thinking of Randy Beets when I knocked off 17 X the log with no extra weight. Randy has no chance of ever beating me again.

That was a good day, three workouts and one of them a dang marvel. I slept like a nurse gave me a shot and ate my breakfast like I was mad at it. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment