Monday, December 7, 2020

11/30 - 12/6

The first week of quadrathon training is in the books. Not only that, but it is in the cardiovascular system, in the blood, in the muscle fibers, in the muscle cells. Moreover, it is in the mind. Often when doing endurance events, I have had to revert to self talk. "You have a right to expect your body to be able to do this," I say to self. "Self, you have paid the price. Now stop complaining and perform."

Monday the price included 4,000 yards of swimming in the form of a straight swim. Also the price contained 2.21 miles of running, and a solid session at Plate City Gym, the world's best backyard gym.

Tuesday the price involved only 2,350 yards done it sets. It also involved 2.48 miles of running, and some more lifting. Wednesday that price rested from the road but smashed 4,050 vigorous yards in the pool and lifting weights like a power lifter.

Thursday the yards totaled 4,100, the miles amounted to 3.34, and the weights, well I did not do the math, but it was a lot. Friday I only got in a swim, but is was a humdinger at 4,600 straight yards.

Saturday I did not swim, but I shuffled 3.64 miles and did not one but two big sessions at the gym. Normally I don't do anything on Sunday, but this time I did go for an easy walk. I felt like my body needed a little movement.

For the week, I

swam 17,455 yards, 

lifted weights five times,

ran 11.67 miles, and

spun 23:00 on the stationary bicycle.

That is pretty good training right there. I will need to run a little more and cycle a lot more, but I have six months. If I can stay healthy that long, I should be raring to go. Thank you, Jesus, for the health to dream and the train and to pull off these events like I have in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment