Saturday, December 5, 2020

Truncated Friday

Friday is always the big day. Not this time. I guess I could have done better. But I got a late start. You know me. One of life's simple pleasures for me is . . . . I don't need to finish the sentence do I? OK, just because you want to hear it: One of life's simple pleasures is drinking coffee and hanging out with the cats. 

So I did not get that run in I had planned for early (like 9:00 a.m. is early) in the morning. There was still coffee in the pot. I don't like to leave the house until I have drunk the whole pot. 

I did go into the pool early. John was out so I did not have to meet his schedule. I went in at 10:00. While I was swimming, I remembered that several women usually swim at that time. Fortunately they did not show. Since I have been doing sets all week, I thought a nice straight swim a little farther than I have gone of late would be a good idea. I went for 1:30:05 and covered 4,600 yards before I tapped out. That should refresh the endurance base.

After lunch, I took a nap. I had hoped to at least get a lifting session in. But after the nap, I had a Zoom meeting to attend for school. Sigh. That thing knocked a pretty big hole in my afternoon so it wound up that I did not get to run or lift. Friday was Band Festival Day. This year, due to COVID, the parade was a drive through. It took a while to see all one of the floats and a couple of stations of people one of which was singing carols. Thank you, Rev. Collins.

Penny and I were supposed to meet friends at Hill Top. They did not show. I know they forgot because they are not the kind of people to be late even, not like John. We ordered three minutes after our meeting time because I knew they would have been early if they had not forgotten.

So I ate a big meal, did my first drive through Christmas parade, and ate too much food while doing too little exercise. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment