Saturday, December 19, 2020

Early and Late

Who else but John can be early and late at the same time? Really, think about. How do you do that. He found a way.

We were supposed to meet at the pool at 12:30. When I got there at 12:30, to my shock John was already there. I went inside and he was in the pool. He asked me what time we were supposed to meet. I told him 12:30. His response? He was elated because the thought it was 12:00 and he had just got there. He was twenty minutes late from the time he mistakenly thought we were going to meet and ten minutes early. Sigh. Only John can pull that off, and only Zane will tolerate it.

Once a week I like to do a straight swim. This time, I went 5,000 without stopping in 1:34:22. That gave me an average of 1:53 per 100 yards, better than last week when I did 4,800 at 1:54. 

John, however, was not ready to quit when I finished my long swim. So I then swam 7 X 50 back @ goofing off. After that I did the brick kick and made it. Gasping for air, I swam an easy 50 while John got out. This gave me 5,400 yards which made 4,935 meters, three miles.

That was all I did that day. I ran errands in the morning, then after the swim, I sort of did nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment