Thursday, December 3, 2020

Day Three

Day three of my return from the Babylonian Captivity was a day of training for the quadrathon. I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 1:30. I was there. John, however, was late. Aren't you surprised? But he was only tardy by 8:00 minutes. That means today he will either be more than 20:00 minutes late or he will fail to show altogether. 

I swam sets again. Remember I was trying to cut back on my swimming to give more time, energy, and recovery to running. Having a running issue, however, has resulted first in me ramping up the swim volume and second ramping up the swim intensity. I swam

1,200 23:47

12 X 100 @ 2:10

200 back 4:45

200 small paddles 3:48

200 medium paddles 3:35

large paddles 3:36

250 medium paddles 4:35

600 small paddles 11:39

total: 4,050 yards = 3,701 meters.

Yes, that is the new most since Chicot. Also, in case you are wondering why I did the 100s on 2:10, it's because I am not there yet. What I will do over the next few months is the add volume (a 100 each week) and increase intensity (drop a second off the sendoff each week) until I get to 20 X 100 @ 2:00. Then I will be "there." In other words, the next time I do 100s, it will be 13 of them @ 2:09. Yeah, I play like that.

I had already decided I would not run. Since I shuffled Monday and Tuesday, I let the leg rest Wednesday. I did do leg work at Plate City and lots of it. On the squat, I did

12 X 45

  5 X 95

3 X 115

3 X 115

3 X 115

3 X 115

I also did leg curls and leg extension as well as some back extensions. So I hit it pretty hard. It was quadrathon training.

Today? Cats, coffee. I want to run if the weather permits. I also need to talk to one of my dad's old friends.  Since Dad passed, I must have thought 200 times, "I wish I could ask Dad about this." I realized that I could ask one of his friends who thinks a lot like him. Is this what I should do? or should I go one alone, a man who has to make his own decisions?

Part of me wants to choose the latter. But part of me remembers the Scripture that says, "There is safety in the multitude of counselors." I will make my own decision. But first I will consult someone who knows more than I do.

Thank you, Jesus, for this problem. It has caused me to think, to pray, and to reach out to a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment