Thursday, December 24, 2020

PLEASE STOP!!!

Everyone has complained about 2020. Yes, that includes me. COVID punched us below the belt and left us bent over in pain. Everyone wants a better 2021. I know how to make the whole world more pleasant. There is one simple step that many of us can take to make planet earth a happier place in the upcoming year. Really, give me a listen because this won't take long.

You may have noticed that I love social media. I post in this blog once or twice daily. This is my four hundred and seventy oneth post of the year. Yes, that is true. I also do Facebook, Instagram. Twitter, and YouTube. 

One thing I love about social media are the videos. You can find a little bit lot of everything. I watch cats, dogs, African lions, moose, big trucks, swimming, running, street fights, tornadoes, house fires, car wrecks, classic boxing matches, and feats of strength in the gym. Eagerly I click the video because I want to see what happens. Then I am blasted with noise. PLEASE STOP!!! 

STOP THE MUSIC!!!!!

Why does every Tom, Dick, and Harry who posts a vid of anything think it has to have music? If I click on a video, I am interested in the video's content. I do not want to get blasted by some punk rock band I would never spend two seconds listening to. PLEASE STOP!!!

I click on a vid of what looks like someone about to deadlift a truck load of plates. I am intrigued. I want to see. Can she make the lift? Then the music hits me like a fist out of the blue. PLEASE STOP!!!

I click a video of a fit-looking man running up a mountain. I want to see. Then the music that in no way goes with the content and in no way enhances the viewing experience comes out like a violent tornado. PLEASE STOP!!!

If I click on a swimmer, I am checking out the stroke, the technique, the flip turns, the arm turnover, the breathing pattern. Music and swimming do not go together. There is no music in swimming. PLEASE STOP!!!

If I click on a video of a big rig pulling a load of lumber up a steep hill, I want to watch, and I want to hear that big diesel working. The music messes up the engine sound. PLEASE STOP!!! 

If I click on a video of a tornado, I want to watch. I am mesmerized. I want to watch. Leave me alone and let me watch. The music is unnecessary and ruins the experience for me. PLEASE STOP!!! 

I could go on and on. If you don't get my point, put your head phones on, crank up that bad music, and punch yourself in the face. But leave me out of the punching. Let's make 2021 a better year than 2020. Let videos be music free.

No comments:

Post a Comment