Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Mondays

It seems that Monday is becoming a peculiar day to me. Last week, I went over the Tallahatchie bridge and out the gravel road to the east. Out there, 2.5 miles from home, I realized that I was going to have to use the bathroom. Not to worry, I turned around and headed back. By the time I got to Bankston school, things had become critical. I prayed fervently that God would help me just get home. I guess I should have asked for more. I just got home. As soon as my right foot hit our driveway, well, I'll spare you the details.

Yesterday, I had two bowel movements before going out for my run. So I was safe, right? By the Providence of God, I never got far from home. I went out the gravel road near the Hideout and did turn arounds out there. When I got back to the levee, I wanted to run on past my turn to the house, but realized I needed to go home. My run was far from being as long as I wanted it to be, but I took no chance and went straight home. Sigh. I ran 4.32 miles before necessary business brought things to an end. 

Later at the pool, John was late, and I swam

1,800 37:53

14 X 100 @ 2:08

150 back 3:45

brick kick

200 small paddles 5:59

total: 3,550 yards = 3,244 meters.

I waited until after 5:00 to go to Plate City in part because I wanted to see the Star of Bethlehem. I took awhile, but I finally found it in the western sky. My wife was telling me to look to the south east. There was a bright start to the south near the moon. Then I just happened to see a brighter star to the west. 

On the bench, I pressed

14 X 100

  8 X 120

  5 X 140

  4 X 140

  3 X 145

  3 X 145

I also did three sets of 8 reps of dips and one set of 25 reps of triceps pushdowns with 30 pounds.

That made for a solid day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment