Saturday, December 19, 2020

In Door Training

I admit that I did not read the entire post. There is so much on social media, one simply cannot keep up. But just this morning I saw a post on Twitter about the advantages of In Door training. Maybe you can brainstorm with me and figure out how this works and what the advantages could possibly be.

First, I have never seen a door large enough to train in. The thickest one I ever saw was maybe three inches thick. And that's a big door. Maybe it's a regular gym with doors painted on the walls. The trainees tell their wives they are going to the door.

But maybe it's a CrossFit thing and a new movement like CrossFit. Remember CrossFit? They train in boxes. You can't make this stuff up. That has always bugged me, and I would never go to a place where they don't know what a gym is and idiotically call it a box. Maybe that's what is happening here. Some new exercise guru calls his gym a door.

That at least makes a little bit of metaphorical sense. A door is a place of entering, of new beginnings, of stepping into a new space. Doors are the thresholds of new places and 2020 has most of us wanted to step into a new place. "Come to my door, and I will transform your life," could read an online add. Or, "Enter through this door, and get the body you always wanted." 

Then when you get thrown out for grunting while deadlifting, the owner yells, "Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out." Oh how delicious. OK, I get it now, it works for me. I think I will rename my gym Plate City Door. How does that sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment