Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Red Head

I was up and at it and going towards my second stop of the day before I had my first sip of coffee. Huh? Yeah. My tooth dentist appointment was at 8:00 a.m. Next on my agenda was to finish putting the power rack together. I needed another pair of hands. The day before I had texted Daniel Collins. He did not respond. I called his cell phone. He did not answer. This is not unusual for Danny.

So after the tooth dentist, I stopped by his house. They, he and Mary Jane, were up. He agreed to help me. So we went to the Hideout and he helped me get the big cross members installed. Then I took him home as I had promised him this would be "quick and easy." When I got back and resumed working on the rack, I found that once more I needed another pair of hands, or at least one more hand. I was ashamed to drive back to his house so I redneck engineered a third hand. It looked like this: 


At the pool, I swam

1,300 26:38
250 for time 4:12
500 small paddles 9:48
total: 2,250 yards = 2,056 meters.

Do you see what just happened? For the first time since Blogger updated, I can enter a single space. That is huge. I'm guessing they got lots of complaints because it sure irritated me. The single spacing on a list like that looks a hundred times better in my opinion.

I would have swum longer, but I was supposed to meet John at 2:00. It was now 3:00. He has been attempting to train me, and I refuse to be trained. I did not like it as a child and as an adult I rebel at training unless I prescribe it for myself. My wife has been trying to train me for forty-three years. It doesn't work.

I can deal with John being twenty minutes late, but this hour plus stuff is not going to fly. I have drawn a line in the sand. When I draw a line in the sand, usually you have to drive so far your car runs out of gas, and then you have to walk until you get blisters on your feet to get to the line. But the line is the end. I am not allowing you to go farther than that without some serious resistance. That's when my passive aggression becomes aggressive aggression.

So I went home and worked on the power rack. She looks sort of like this now:


I said she looks sort of like the picture because this photograph does not do her justice. Trust me, she is a real beauty, and I can't wait to use her. 

Huh? You haven't already? 

Last night was pull night. I thought I would do pull ups or chin ups on her. When I tried, my left shoulder said no. That biceps tendon, which I only occasionally have a hint is sore, protested loudly and painfully when I tried to pull myself up. But tonight is leg night. I'll let you know how it goes.

I pulled

22 X 40
  6 X 50
  5 X 55
  4 X 60
  3 X 65
  3 X 70

on the one-arm bent row. I did reverse flys, face pulls, and corator tuff work. I did not run because I was tired and lazy when I finished all of that. Oh yeah, I did 7:15 on the stationary bike.

Thank you, Jesus, for the red beauty and for health to use her.

No comments:

Post a Comment