Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Day

The year 2020 may have been a bad one in a lot of ways, but the Christmas of 2020 was the best ever for my immediate family. For the first time in years, we had the kids at our house. It was enjoyable and best of all, I saw my wife smile. 

Our house on Monroe was too small, and we had taken to going to Forrest's to open gifts. Now at the Hideout, we have room to have everyone together. The Hideout is by no standards a large house, but the square footage is about 50% more than the tiny Monroe thing. That gives room for everyone to sit, walk around, eat breakfast, and be comfortable. 

After gifts at the new place, we did the Hillbilly Heaven thing, and finally went back home about mid-afternoon. I even got to train a little. I lifted and since I did not lift Friday, I did both push and pull. On the bench, I pressed

18 X 38

16 X 88

14 X 109

12 X 113 

7 X 108 narrow grip

10 X 103 narrow grip

The pull was mostly lat pulldowns with some reverse flys. And of course, I did lots of corator tuff stuff.

We were to have dinner at Forrest's, so I shuffled over there and got in 2.62 miles. That wasn't a lot, and in no way made up for the excess of calories that have gone down my throat over the past few days. But it was something, better than nothing, better than a poke in the eye.

It was a really nice day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment