Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The Gym

Tuesday started with the sale of some equipment from Plate City. A young woman and her father drove up from south Mississippi and were at the Hideout by 8:00 a.m. She purchased the half rack, an Olympic bar, and squat stand, and two forty-fives. This will be her husband's Christmas gift. Lucky man. 

You, getting rid of equipment? 

Well, I have filled my allotted space. My recent purchase of the full rack left me moving stuff around and reconfiguring the gym. The half rack was a solid piece and will do everything a full rack will EXCEPT do several things at once. I combined the squat station and the deadlift station into the bench press station and now I actually saved a little room with the larger Red Head, as I call her.

Yes, I have plans for more purchases. Not many more, but just a couple of major ones, and several minor ones. It almost saddens me that the gym is almost complete. I can't imagine. I have been building this for more than forty years. I am afraid I will feel let down. But then is a gym ever really finished? A home is not. You are always doing something to it or dreaming of something to do to it. So not to worry. There is always the little stuff, attachments, handles, and the like. I'll find a way to keep the changes alive. Changes, some of them, can be exciting.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment