Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Started Right

I got the week started right Monday. First, I mowed the front lawn and filled in some ruts. Our poor yard took a beating all summer. First the tree cutters did some damage. Then they hit that gas line and the gas company dug up the front from the street to the house. The tree people came back and cut two more trees. Then the roofers came and left a few more ruts. We hope the damage has ended and now we can begin to beautify the place.

I went for a shuffle and made 4.37 miles. After that I went to the pool. John was out. I swam

1,850 33:58 pretty quick for my warmup

Several times I noticed people with their faces pressed against the screen and their hands around their eyes peeking in watching me. No, they were not trying to get in because they were on the backside of the building by the tennis courts. It always amazes me how people are taken aback at seeing someone actually swim rather than just pootling around in the water. 

Next, I did my latest version of my 200 Special. It went like this:

200 @ 3:30 (3:14)

150 @ 2:45 (2:25)

3 X 100 @ 1:58 (1:35 - 1:38)

50 @ 1:00 (:46)

then 200 medium paddles as the cooldown

total: 2,750 yards = 2,513 meters.

At Plate City, I benched

14 X 100

  8 X 120

  5 X 140

  3 X 145

  3 X 145

  3 X 145 

I also did dips, triceps pushdowns, lateral raises, and corator tuff stuff. 

It was magical back there in the dark. The moon was either full or almost so. Pee Wee played with his stuffed gorilla while I lifted. Occasionally he would come to me to be petted and give me that look that only a dog can, that look that says I love you and would fight a grizzly bear for you. The anonymity of the night enveloped me like a glove. The giant oak trees against the night sky further circled me like the fence that Simon Quarles built us. Hoot owls on the river bank announced their rule over the night skies. Between cracks in the fence, I could see our neighbor's Christmas tree lit up and rejoicing in Jesus. I love our backyard and the latest edition of Plate City. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment