Tuesday, December 15, 2020

More of John and Lateness

I started the week kicking butt and taking names. Not really, but it sounds good. I did start with my longest run in weeks. I went out for a 5.09 run. It was an interesting run, but I am keeping the details to myself.

At the pool, John was a no-show. He called me after I got home and wanted to swim. When I told him I already had, he got pissy and wanted to know why. I told him because Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are our early days and he was not there. Then he told me that those are our late days. He's wrong. We have been over this and over this and over this. I hope he is not getting senile, but I fear he is.

"The housekeeper does not leave until 1:30 on those days," he protested. 

"Yeah, and if you had come on then, we would have started at the same time."

That quieted him for a bit. I think he realized I was right, but he could not admit it. Besides, he can't get over the idea that if she leaves at 1:30 that he BEGINS to get ready then. John cannot be on time. He has lived a sheltered life, was a rich kid growing up, never had to work a job like the rest of us, and thinks the world runs on his schedule, that it should, that it owes him that. And sadly he can't seem to learn any different.

I swam

1,550 31:38

300 for time 4:48

400 small paddles 7:49

total: 2,250 yards = 2,056 meters.

I had time to go to the gym before 5:00. It was push night, and I benched

14 X 100

  8 X 120

  4 X 140

  4 X 140

  4 X 140

  3 X 145

Besides that, I did three sets of dips, a set of triceps pushdowns, and a whole bunch of corator tuff work. Oh yeah, I spun for 10:30 on the stationary bicycle.

Another solid day of quadrathon training is in the books, in my body, in my brain. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment