Sunday, December 20, 2020

Skinny Saturday

I didn't do a lot. The fact that it was raining and cold only added to my tendency to lounge and take it easy. I had planned a long[ish] run. But by the time I pulled my tights and running shoes on, it was raining already. I considered the dreadmill but somehow I never did that. 

Swimming was not on my mind. Lifting weights was. It was late, however, before I made my way to Plate City. Since I missed lifting Friday, it was another double, pull and legs. On the pulls, I worked the lat pulldown and the reverse fly. On the legs, I did a bunch of stuff. I box squatted

  15 X 55

  12 X 70

     8 X 85

I know those sound like wimpy weights but they are. And believe it or not, I lowered the box from 16 to 14 inches and the difference was HUGE! From now on, I will do lots of box squatting. It breaks the stretch/reflex response of the muscles and makes coming out of the hole and lot lot harder. 

Later I did some deadlifts:

  8 X 135

  5 X 150

  3 X 160

  2 X 165

Then I did rack pulls.

  12 X 135

    8 X 185

    7 X 205

    4 X 215

    4 X 225

    3 X 235 PR

I also did some leg curls, leg extensions, corator tuff stuff, and stretching. Too bad I did not have anything to go along with it. Well, I did spin on the bicycle for 12:00 minutes. That is something. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment