Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Day One of the Return

Since I got my grades turned in Sunday night, I felt free when I got up Monday morning. I look at this as my return from the Babylonian Captivity. To celebrate, I did something I have not been able to do since last summer: I went to the preachers' breakfast.

I haven't been able to go since they moved the meeting to Mondays. In the past, when we met on Friday, I was able to attend even when I was in school. I never went every week, but I like to go now and then. The fellowship with other pastors does me good. It was a nice gathering. We ate sausage and biscuits, and drank much coffee. 

I did my first workout of the day when John and I swam at 2:00. He was only five minutes late. WHAT !?!?!?!?! I swam a straight 4,000 yards in 1:18:56 for a 1:58 pace. Yes, that is my new longest swim since Chicot.

My second workout was when I ran for the first time in nine days. I had so sign of the little issue that has troubled me of late. Maybe that has passed for good. I shuffled 2.21 miles. 

Workout number three was a nice session at Plate City gym. I started the week off with a bench session and pressed

13 X 100

  8 X 120

  7 X 130

  5 X 135

  4 X 140 

For accessary work, I did two sets of log presses and some lateral raises and one set of cable raises. I also did some tube flys with a new tube I picked up Friday when the girls and I went to Jackson.

So I did three workouts for the first time in a while. With my new scheme, the Chicot Challenge replacement, I will need to do all three every week. Not only that, but I will need to add a fourth. Soon I will reveal the plans for 2021's fundraiser. Thank you, Jesus, for running health, and dreams, and plans, and being off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment