Thursday, December 17, 2020

Intentional Two

Usually when I only do two workouts, it means I was frustrated, aggravated, and am in a foul mood now. It means that somewhere along my day, a monkey wrench or hand grenade was tossed into my schedule disrupting everything. Not so yesterday. I woke from sleep with the idea that I would only do two workouts. Why? you ask. That little issue I had with one of my legs is still weighing on my mind. Give it a break, I thought. I will get plenty of work in with two solid training sessions.

My first workout was at Plate City before noon. Usually, I hit the gym around 5:00 p.m. and the session goes into the dark. I have mentioned before how I enjoy lifting at night when only the moon gives me light enough to see what I'm doing. Supposedly I have an electrician who is going to install some lights at the gym, but I am not so sure I want them.

So lifting in broad daylight was something new to me. It was leg day and on the squat, I did

13 X 45

  7 X 95

4 X 115

3 X 115

3 X 115

3 X 115

1 X 120

1 X 125

I also did three sets each of leg curls and leg extensions not to mention the back extensions. Then I rode the bicycle for 11:15. It was solid. Next up was lunch.

So I guess you have figured that I skipped the run. Now when I got out of the pool, my training would be concluded for the day. At Twin Rivers, I swam

1,650 33:45

200 for time 3:19

150 for time 2:30, 

and then it happened again. My watch buzzed at the wall at the end of the 150. That's what happened yesterday because I misjudged the sendoff time. I reset the watch, but 

  a) it malfunctioned?

  b) didn't save changes? or

  c) the devil did it? 

I don't know which, but I was severely tore. I rechecked the workout and the watch was set for 2:30 on the second rep. I CHANGED THAT YESTERDAY!!!!! I changed it again right there in the pool. Then double and triple checked it to see that the changes saved. I will try once more today. If it happens again, if the watch buzzes at 2:30 at the end of my 150, something is going to get destroyed.

After that debacle, I swam

10 X 50 @ 1:16

300 back 7:12

brick kick (fail)

500 9:56

brick kick (fail but farther)

100 2:00

total: 3,400 yards = 3,107 meters.

No, John was not late. John did not show up. I went home and began my process of relaxing. Now I will be back to three workouts. Like is good (if I can finally do that set). Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment