Sunday, December 6, 2020

Super Saturday

I did three workouts Saturday, but they were not the normal three I usually do. I went to Plate City in the morning and worked upper back. After doing a couple of sets of one-arm bent rows (22 X 40, 4 X 50) I hit the lat pull down for

22 X 50

20 X 60

16 X 65

12 X 70

12 X 72.5

In addition to that, I did reverse flys and corator tuff work.

After some nutrition, I went out for a run. I hit the gravel east of the Hideout and shuffled 3.64 miles. When I got in from that, I did more nutrition and settled in to watch some college football. The lineup was not that appealing, but I wound up watching Arkansas versus Missouri, and surprisingly that was a very good game, entertaining and not settled until the final three seconds.

Workout number three came when I went back to Plate City. No, I don't often lift twice in one day, but I like to do a lot of volume on Saturday and having missed Friday's session, I made it up by going twice Saturday. I did legs and more pulling, but the pulling was of the lower body variety.

I did three light sets of squats and three pretty light sets of deadlifts. Then I hammered to high rack pull for

10 X 135

  5 X 165

  5 X 185

  3 X 215

  3 X 220

I also did one run of farmer's walks and leg extensions and curls. Yes, I then went inside and took nutrition. 

Next up was the Alabama vs LSU game. Although it makes John angry, I am more of an LSU fan than an Alabama one so I was pulling for the tigers. It was not a good night for us, however, as Alabama rolled us pretty bad. I still enjoyed watching some real football, SEC football.

All in all it was a good day. I am thinking quadrathon now when I lift or swim or run. I forgot to mention that I rode the stationary bike two times for a total of twelve and a half minutes. It's 100% more than I was doing this time last year. So there.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment