Monday, July 1, 2019

6/24 - 6/30

I had a pretty solid week minus cycling. Monday I swam 3.016 meters, ran 8.82 miles, and lifted weights. Tuesday I swam 2,600 meters, and lifted weights. Wednesday I swam 2,200, and did an alley workout.

Thursday I finally got back to running. The two days off were due to a sore calf muscle. I ran 2.34 miles after swimming 2,833 meters. Friday, I swam 2,742 meters and then busted out a 7.05-mile shuffle. I surprised myself on that one and realized that I am developing some sort of fitness, kind of like I used to have where I can go out and run what I want to run. I am not there totally, but I'm headed that way.

Saturday was a three-workout day with a start off swim of 1,553 meters. The run was only 2.27 miles, but that gave me my fourth run of the week. I have been running only three times per week, trying to stay healthy. I had a pretty thorough lifting session at Plate City to finish up a nice week. 

For the training cycle, I

spun 7:30 on the exercise bicycle,
lifted weights four times,
swam 14,944 meters, and
ran 20.48 miles.

With the exception of cycling, that is a strong week. One reason I didn't do more on the bicycle is the fact that my front derailer is not working. It will be Friday of this week before I can get that fixed. The twenty-mile running for seven days is the most I have done since 2016, if memory serves me correctly. I am now dreaming of a marathon this winter and some fun Friday runs when the heat passes. Thank you, Jesus. It looked at one point like my running had left me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment