Monday, July 8, 2019

7/1 - 7/7

God have me a strong week of training, and I both appreciated and enjoyed it much. Monday I swam 3,701 meters and ran 5.13 miles. My training journal notes that it was the hottest day of the year. I don't remember. We had a pretty cool June, but July is starting out normal which means as hot as Hades. I also did a small amount of lifting, some squats and sled dragging.

Tuesday I met John at the big pool early and swam 3,400 meters. I ran 3.12 miles and did some real weightlifting. Wednesday I swam 1,119 meters and ran a short 2.2 miles as I was trying to freshen up for the big run on the 4th. 

For the first time in years, I was fit enough to attempt to run from home to Hillbilly Heaven on Thursday the 4th of July. I didn't make it, but I ran 11 miles straight and walked 1.65 miles before my wife picked me up. Now I can really dream about Buddy Bone Marathons this fall and winter.

Friday, Penny and I went to Jackson so I didn't do anything. But Saturday, I swam 3,200 meters, cycled 15.5 and ran 1.07 miles. In addition to all of that, I lifted weights.

For the week, I

swam 11,420 meters,
ran 22.52 miles,
lifted weights three times, and
cycled 15.5 miles.

That's good training right there, I don't care who you are. It was fun, and I feel a little more fit than I did. My legs aren't as dead after a longish run. The excitement is coming back as I am starting to yearn for some really long runs when the weather cools off. The winter is your reward for running through the summer. I am looking forward to the reward. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment