Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Three

I was supposed to meet John at the big pool at 7:00 a.m. I started swimming at 7:15 and was several laps into the practice before he showed up. I did

2,700 1:01:44 (2:16)
2 X 150 small paddles
2 X 100 medium paddles
200 easy
total: 3,400 long course meters

I ran about 3:30 and it was the hottest day we have had, 93 with 49% humidity. The current weather app on my phone doesn't show the dew point, but I am guessing that it was mid 70s. I didn't go too far. I shuffled from home  to the boulevard, then north, which offers lots of shade, then over the bridge, which offers no shade. As soon as the sun hit me, I could feel the rise in body temperature. I am hoping this is why I have been shuffling so slow. At the Viking 5K I had only run five to six miles a week for a very few weeks. Nevertheless, I managed to finish in just under a 10:00 minuter per mile pace. Now that pace is speed work. Seriously. But the temp that day was about 60 and I was racing my son. My hope is that when the weather starts cooling off, my paces with heat up. (See what I did there.)

Workout three was a few hours later. I waited until 6:30 for it to cool some. It was supposed to still be 90 at 7:00 p.m. I did benches, seated rows, pull ups, and Swim Pulls. On the bench, I pressed

15 X 95
7 X 120
5 X 130
5 X 140
3 X 145

The strength is coming back up. The goal is to hit a new PR at the end of this cycle. Anyway, three workouts on the hottest day of the year was not bad, in fact it was good, it was real, and it was real good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment