Sunday, July 14, 2019

Saturday

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 8:00 a.m. Penny's vehicle was parked behind mine and it would not start. I had to boost the battery and move it and by then I was in a different frame of mind. Since I had a sermon to preach Sunday and a wedding to do that very afternoon, I decided to go for a short run instead. I shuffled 2.2 miles to finish out my goal of twenty miles for the week. 

Then, for the first time this week, I went to Plate City. I did a bit of everything. I benched with the new bar that I got back from Leflore Steel Friday. They put the larger diameter ends on it but did not move the weight stops out so it still hangs up on the rack. I hate to take it back because they will have it another six or eight weeks. What to do?

At 2:00 p.m. we met at Centerville Baptist Church to join in marriage Charlie Turner and Karen Kennedy. It was a simple but lovely wedding, and it was my honor to perform the ceremony. Charlie and I have been friends since 1973. I preached his dad's funeral. I preached his mom's funeral. Now I have performed his wedding ceremony. There are no friends like old friends. After the wedding, we all went to Crystal Grill for a meal. That was nice. I got the chicken livers, and they must have pilled a pound of them on my plate. I loved it.

Thank you, Jesus, for old friends, and thank you for being the friend that "sticketh closer than a brother."

No comments:

Post a Comment