Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Over the Moon Monday

John called Monday morning early to say he would not be at the pool. I still intended to go in but CC crawled up in my lap and the coffee was good. I hit the little pool in the early afternoon for

1.800 33:56 (1:52)
5 X 300 @ 5:27
  4:41
  4:43
  4:48
  4:42
  4:42 (1:33)
400 small paddles
total: 3,700 yards = 3.381 meters

That was the first time I have done five 300s. The set started with three, and last week I did four for the first time. The five put a hit on my muscles, and I felt it the rest of the day. Good.

Forrest and I took our bicycles to Money. His friend, Rachael, was supposed to ride with us, to meet us there. She wasn't on site when we arrived but texted Forrest for us to start and she would come on later. We cycled out Coleman Road to the turn around and had just started back when we could see a cyclist coming our way, it was Rachael and we all rode together back to Money Road and then out the Gary Farm Road to its end, and then they both wanted a little more. We went to town and then out the road that goes due east out of downtown Money. We went out there 2.5 miles and returned to the trucks for a total of 22.8 miles. This was Forrest and my longest ride of the year.

Back at the boy's we decided to take a run. We went 2.26 miles and for me it was a dreadful experience. But I needed some miles and I got them. Is that three workouts or two? You could call the run and brick except there were a good thirty minutes between the bike and the shuffle.

Whatever. It was a good day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment