Thursday, July 4, 2019

Lazy Day

I have them. Lazy days. Often.

But I don't have many days where I get nothing done. John was out so I decided I could use the sleep in. I swam after my summer school class, after lunch. And when I did, I didn't do much. Yeah, I got the lazies. What I did was 

1,100
5 X 40 @ 1:21
200 medium paddles
5 X 50 @ 1:16
300 medium paddles
total: 2,100 yards = 8,220 meters

I don't have any times because I switched the Garmin to run mode before saving the workout so it was saved as a run. I am just now figuring that out after all these years of having a Garmin watch. There has been much confusion in the past when I went to check on a swim and it was recorded in miles and feet that didn't make sense to me. 

By the time I finished the swim, Penny wanted to go to the kids. We hadn't been in a while and the back seat of my truck had been full of stuff to go to them for a couple of weeks, so we took off.

When we got there, we spent some serious time unloading the truck. We had bags of clothes, makeup, a sowing machine, a case for the machine, a stool, and shoes. Literally, my back seat was full. Now I can carry stuff back there again.

Then I went for a run. I went west into the country. I passed the airport and was surprised to find that the bridge just past it was closed. Wow. I didn't need the distance because I only wanted two miles. I got 2.2. Back at the kids, I was mugged by their high-energy boxer, Sadie. I didn't mind. Andrea's dogs have always mugged me.

On our drive home, we saw a couple of pretty rainbows. It was a nice trip. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment