Saturday, July 13, 2019

Lack of Resolve

Friday morning I met John at the pool, and I did a really complicated set. I swam 2,000 straight in 44:54 for a pace of 2:14. I know, I either need to swim longer, or swim sets. But I did what I did.

I wanted to run that day and needed a fairly long one. Despite the fact that I have been running in the heat everyday, or maybe because of it, I did not have the inner resolve to brave our current temperature for an extended run. What to do? I went to Twin Rivers and ran on the dreadmill. It wasn't so bad, and it least it wasn't deadly hot. But the machine I was on would only let me go an hour. I am stubborn enough to resist that kind of intrusion, and when the machine cut off, I refused to start the process again. So I got ticked and left. On the way home I decided to do some running on the street. I had done 5.6 miles on the treadmill and back home, I did another 1.4 for a total of 7.0. 

I really needed to lift weights, but I didn't have the resolve for that either. Sigh.

Thank you, Jesus, for the resolve I did have.

No comments:

Post a Comment