Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Tuesday

Tuesday morning I met John at the pool and swam 

1,800 
2 X 50 @ 1:21 small paddles
100 small paddles
total: 2,000 long course meters

The 1,800 was done as 1,000 easy, and then I went into my countdown set. The countdown takes the next 400 with a floating 25 in each 100. The first 100 I swim the first 25 fast; in the second 100, I swim the second 25 fast; in the third 100, I swim the third 25 fast; in the fourth 100, I swim the fourth 25 fast. The fifth 100 is all easy and then on the sixth, I swim the first 50 fast. On the seventh, I swim the second 50 fast. For the eight, it is all easy. The set is capable of infinite expansion, but I stopped there because that is the first time I have done that practice in a long time. That gave me 1,800 straight and a bit of a workout. Like the fast 100 repeats, this does something for the swimming muscles that nothing else does. I learned from Cagri the Mad Swimming Scientist that modulating the pace like that causes a burn that I get with nothing else. Oddly, I feel the burn on the easy parts of the swim right after the hard efforts.

Forrest and I rode after he got off work. We did 19 miles. It was windy out there but cool. The low last night hit 61. Wow. He opted out of the post ride run. I went home and did 2.54 miles of shuffling giving me 12.29 for the week. Remember, I am attempting to keep my volume up yet taper at the same time. What to do now?

Thank you, Jesus, for good health and lovely weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment