Monday, July 29, 2019

7/22 - 7/28

The tension I had at the beginning of the week was how to get my twenty miles of running in without wiping myself out for the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. I pulled it off. Monday I swam 3,000 meters in the long course pool and ran long, 9.71 miles. I had intended to go farther, but I ran out of water a little before 5:00 p.m., so I texted Penny to pick me up on her way home from work.

Tuesday I swam 1,800 straight, and then Forrest and I rode after work. We did 19 miles. I ran 2.58 when I got home from cycling. Wednesday I ran at lunch time (3.36 miles) and swam after coaching the kids. I did 1,500 yards.

Thursday I swam a mere 1,200 meters. For the first and only time of the week, I lifted at Plate City. I also ran a short, easy 1.78 miles. Friday I did nothing physical and slept in as late as possible, it think until about 8:00 a.m. 

Saturday, of course, was the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon so I got a good workout. I swam 800 meter (plus my warm up), cycled 27.12 miles, and ran 6.6 miles. Most importantly, I had fun. 

For the week,  I

ran 23.93 miles,
lifted weights one time,
swam 7,778 meters, and 
cycled 27.12 miles.

That was a pretty solid week and should aid my 300 Oaks training. Next up, the Bikes, Blues, & Bayous next Saturday.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment