Thursday, July 18, 2019

Shocked

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. Wednesday morning. Guess what. He was there. He was there! He was there!! He was there!!!

We swam in the little pool, and I felt a bit more like doing something. I stroked

1,200 23:33 (1:57)
9 X 50 @ 1:12
200 medium paddles
5 X 50 @ 1:09
150 large paddles
700 small paddles
total: 3,150 yards = 2,879 meters

That was a real swim. Not a real, real swim, but it was actual training not just getting wet. I needed to mow the lawn, run, ride a bicycle, and lift weights. What I did was go for a run and then mow the front lawn. It was hot out, but God gave a nice breeze that helped me make it but I didn't make it in style. I shuffled 6.33 miles, but the average pace was over 16:00 minutes per mile!!!! How the heck can a human body move that slow?!?!?! I am thankful to God that I can do that, but it is disturbing to me that I have gotten that pathetic. I keep thinking that when the weather cools my pace will quicken. I hope.

I couldn't make myself go to the gym. Being too hot for too long left me feeling like lounging. I lounged. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment