Friday, July 26, 2019

Walking that Rope

Thursday morning I walked that thigh rope, first with a swim, then with a run, and finally at Plate City. At the pool, I swam an easy 1,200 straight and got out. Then after work, I ran an easy and short 1.78 miles. That brought my week's total to 17.33 miles, in easy range of my twenty-mile goal. 

After all of that, I mowed the back yard and did some lifting. This was my first weight session of the week. I pulled the sled and did two sets of squats. The leg work may not have been wise, but I didn't want to go a full week with no weight training on the legs. I only did five total reps of squats so it wasn't much, but it was something.

It was also a bit late for upper body lifting since I swim Saturday and I want to swim well. I might not cycle well and run well, but I do take pride in my swim time. Again, I did not want to miss a full week of upper body lifting. I did seven sets of speed benching with 95 pounds. That felt really good. I did a bunch of other stuff also. Maybe next week, I can get back to lifting regularly. 

This morning, I slept in. No pool, no run, no weights, no bicycle. Tomorrow is the 40th running of the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. Lord willing, I will be there. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment