Friday, July 12, 2019

Same Ole

He was late. John. What else is new? And like lately, I was dragging, dragging through the water not feeling like swimming like doing anything. The pool was 93 degrees. That might have something to do with it. I don't mind warm water, but I don't seem to swim fast in it. I managed to stroke out

2 X 500
10 X 50 @ 1:21
200 small paddles
total: 1,700 long course meters

Yeah, that was it, I left John in the water and went home. Pretty pathetic I know. Maybe I can get it going today.

In the afternoon, I was too lazy to lift weights. I lay on the couch and watched the Paul Finebaum Show. Then at 5:00 p.m., Forrest and I drove to Money with our bicycles.

We had a good ride. Good for me anyway. Here is the thing. I have been feeling like riding. I really am not a morning person. We rode the Coleman Road with two turn arounds to try to draft high boys. Those things are too fast, faster than they used to be. I turned around and started gaining speed. The high boy passed me slowly and when I tried to jump in behind him, I could not hold the pace. I must have been going 30 MPH. I did not dare look at my watch for fear of crashing. That happened twice, and we still rode the whole road.

Next we headed north since we had a wind from that direction. "We can come back with a tail wind," I told Forrest. When we got to that log house, a yellow lab joined the party. He was all over the road and near our wheels. Forrest finally crashed, and I must admit I did laugh out loud. The dog who caused the wreck hung around and sniffed Forrest's bicycle.

"Thank the Lord that is over with," I told him.
"It had to happen."

We made it on to Highway 8 and turned. It was much nicer with the wind and we were moving pretty well. When we got back around the cemetery, the dog was there waiting for us. This time, however, he stayed off the road and ran through the cotton fields. I was a bit worried about him because we were going 16.5 MPH and it was very hot out. When we got to his house, he was beginning to trail behind us and he ran up on his porch. Thank you, Lord.

We went out the Six Mile Road, then the McIntyre Road the then the road at downtown Money. We finished with 34.25 our longest ride of the year. Yeehaa. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment