Thursday, July 11, 2019

John Late?

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. He got there about 7:30. What?!?!?!? Who woulda thunk it? I haven't been feeling it lately. Part of it is I am not a morning person. Part of it is I have been doing a lot of stuff. Part of it is the water temp in the big pool is above 90 degrees. I swam

1,100 25:45 (2:20)
4 X 100 medium paddles
200 small paddles
total: 1,700 long course meters

I had to teach my summer school class then throw them out early so I could go to main campus for registration. We met at 12:15 and worked until 4:00 p.m. which meant that I didn't get home until 4:30. The temps hit 95 so I didn't attempt to run until 6:50. I shuffled an embarrassingly slow 5.32 miles. Then I slammed down some food and went to Twin Rivers for my swim students.

This was the first time we had met in a month having missed the past three weeks. I took it easy on them figuring their swimming muscles had dropped a bit. Johnny is showing some real potential. He as a smooth stroke and responds well to anything I tell him to work on. 

It was a good day. It was a full day. It was a good, full day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment