Tuesday, July 16, 2019

More Musing

My wife says I have too much time on my hands. But I'm a dreamer, I've always been, and when I stop dreaming I will most likely die. Yesterday, I wrote about some of my musing for the coming cooler weather, runs I long to do. I left one out and thought up another one.

Sunita Sharma reminded me that I haven't run from Moorhead to Greenwood in a while. Probably I wrote about that earlier. I write so much I don't remember, but I do think I have probably scribbled several times about the adventure runs I want to do. If my memory is close, it has been five or more years since I shuffled from work home. It's a nice route that takes me down Colony Town Road, to Berclair, Mississippi, into Itta Bena from the rural south and then out some county roads to Canon Motor Company. Hot dog, I want to do it. Thanks, Sunita.

Recently, I had a faint memory of doing something extra at the Hospital Track. This is one of the thirteen parks I plan to do a mile on in the Parks Marathon. So I ran through there Monday to try to jog my memory (see what I did there). There was some kind of exercise equipment under a tree on the east side of the building. I couldn't remember what. I found it. There are two tractor tires out there, pretty large ones, but I think I can flip them, I think I did in the past.

Are light bulbs coming on in your head? Are fireworks firing off in your imagination? I can run a lap and flip tires; run another lap and flip more tires. Do you feel the beginnings of a dream, of a plan? I do.

Now connect that with the Greenwood Walking Trail on the river off West Claiborne. There are benches there that I have used for box jumps. There is also a pull up bar that I have also used in the past. Running and working out along the way. What an idea.

Then connect those to Twin Rivers where there are lots of weights inside an air conditioned building. But wait, don't you have the world's best back yard gym in Plate City? Yes I do. However, after running a substantial distance, the siren call of a bath, cold tea, and food is more than I can resist when I get too close to home. Thus a shuffle to Twin Rivers and a session in the gym there would keep the game going.

The possibilities are numerous. I could even stash a dumbbell somewhere like maybe on Wade Road. No need. I have done air squats on Wade Road. I did them out there because I was too self conscious to do them in town. Run, air squat, run some more. 

Hot dog, I am going to be so fit I'll . . . I'll do something. I'll dream more, that's what I'll do. I'll dream up more runs and workouts and fun stuff to do. It beats shopping. It even beats fishing and that's hard to do. And at my age it certainly beats shooting animals which I used to love to do. It even beats watching football on TV. Sometimes. Sometimes it beats watching football on the tube. That is another thing I look forward to. College football comes with the fall. Hot dog.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment