Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Surprised

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. He called about 6:40 and said he couldn't make it. I was surprised. I was shocked. I was elated. Don't tell me miracles no longer happen. As a result of actually knowing John was not going to be there, I waited and swam after lunch. I didn't feel it and did only

1,100
200 small paddles
total: 1,300 short course yards

I took my afternoon run in the rain. I was pleasantly surprised again, this time at how good my legs felt after Monday's 11.34-mile run. Not that they felt really good, but they felt OK. I shuffled around the bridge loop for a total of 3.23 miles. 

If it hadn't been raining I would have lifted some weights. What is lifting in the rain after running in the rain, you ask. I can't answer that. I just did not want to do it in the rain. So it was another short day, but I was out there making an effort and dreaming. I am still dreaming of the fall. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment