Sunday, July 7, 2019

Supreme Saturday

I met John at the pool at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning. After being out of the water for two straight days, you would think I would be as fresh as a daisy. Not so. It wasn't bad, but I was shocked at how slow I was. I swam

2,800 1:06:06 (2:18 !!!!????!!???!???!?!???!?)
200 small paddles
4 X 50 medium paddles @ 1:21
total: 3,200 long course meters

I don't understand the slowness. It has been that way every time I swam the big pool since it reopened. Not having lane lines on the bottom is part of it, no doubt, but 2:18. That is really disheartening, and it makes me want to stick with the little pool where I feel faster, am faster, and am encouraged to swim faster.

About 3:30 Forrest and I drove to Money with our bicycles and took a ride. I felt pretty good, especially considering I had run eleven miles two days before. We did 15.55 and then I changed shoes, gave Forrest the keys, and headed towards Greenwood. No, I didn't run back, but I did do a transition shuffle of 1.07 miles.

Yeah, I did. Lift weights. Isn't that what you were wondering? Around 6:30 when it was no longer as hot as Hades but only as hot as Purgatory, I went to Plate City. I did a lot of stuff. On the bench, I pressed

16 X 95
12 X 100
10 X 105
10 X 110
10 X 115

Incline dumbbell bench press

17 X 30
10 X 35

I also did some squats, two sets of cleans, I experimented more with over the bar lifts, and I dragged to sled 457 feet with 33 pounds inside it. All in all, it was a solid day of working out. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment