Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Three Low Balls

I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 7:00 a.m. You are correct; he didn't show up and neither did my mojo. I swam a sleepy 1,000 at an alarming slow 2:16 per 100 pace. Then I did 4 X 50 with medium paddles @ 1:21. While I was hanging out at the wall, I kept looking for mo and jo. They never came. I finished with 100 small paddles for a whopping 1,300 long course meters.

I went to school and we started The Odyssey the easy way. We are watching the movie, or maybe I should say A movie. As usual, some of my students, despite my protestations on the front end, think a movie equals a skip day. This pisses me to no end.

After lunch, I tried unsuccessfully to take a nap. Then Forrest and I went to Money. The plan was for a short ride to save our legs for some running afterwards. We did 10.77 before going back to town and shuffling. The shuffle was slow and pathetic on my part, but I am still trying to build some fitness. We did 4.06. 

I am looking at the week and thinking about how energetic I am not and wondering how I am going to get it done. All I can do is all I can do. I'll do what I can. Thank you, Jesus, for what I got done. Bless the effort that my body might respond well to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment