Sunday, July 21, 2019

Saturday

I didn't swim Saturday morning; I slept in instead. Sometimes rest is more important than busting you butt. Forrest and I had planned to do a long ride. We left East Harding Street at a little after 10:00 a.m. After parking in downtown Money, we rode to the end of Coleman Road and back. Then we did it again. After that, we road the east road to the end and back at Money, I told Forrest that I needed to go to the fire station. I was out of water.

"You want to call it a day?" he asked.

We had 29 plus miles in. It was hot. It was very hot. 

We called it a day.

Late in the afternoon, I went to Plate City. I did a bunch of stuff and would have done more except it began to rain. On the bench, I pressed

10 X 85
6 X 95
4 X 115
1 X 135
1 X 145
1 X 150

Then I did two sets of dumbbell bench presses, some dumbbell overhead presses, and some triceps pushdowns. I also dragged the sled with thirty-five pounds in it. I need to drag it every day. It is the perfect exercise for running and cycling strength plus since it doesn't have a negative contraction, it can be done without a huge recovery penalty. Cha ching! In addition, if I keep adding to the distance, there should be a conditioning aspect to it also.

It was a decent day of training. I need more Plate City. I hope to implement the conjugate system next week. After the single speed session, I was surprised at how fast the bar moved for me. Obviously that work did me some good. Next Saturday is the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. I don't expect to do well there, but I like that race and it is a really good workout. Completing it will make a big deposit into my energy bank for the 300 Oaks.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment