Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Monday's Tight Rope

John told me Sunday night that he could not swim Monday morning. I intended to go to the pool alone, but when morning rolled around, I rolled over. I need the rest, I thought. The Heart O' Dixie Triathlon takes a lot out of a body. Indeed it does. So I slept in with no guilt, no regret, no need to explain myself. Wait, that's what I just did.

I did a little shuffle in the afternoon. I went 2.17 miles. Lately I have been running long on Monday, but my legs were not ready to go long. They did that Saturday. So I went easy and short and hope to go long Tuesday. We'll see.

After the run, I got ready to ride with Forrest. He tool off work a bit early and we were in downtown Money by 4:00 p.m. We did twenty miles out there on Coleman and Wildwood Roads. That wasn't much but it was a decent day in light of the fact that I have to recover from the HOD. This week I face the same tension I had last week: getting some training in for future races while getting fresh for Saturday. What happens Saturday? you ask. Bikes, Blues, & Bayous, Mississippi's largest bicycle ride hosted right here in Greenwood, MS. Forrest and I are registered for the 62-mile ride, which we are minimally trained for. I think, however, we can do it. It will be a good workout. My plan is to ride gently from aid station to aid station. Ride gently, I say, ride gently. The HOD and BBB back to back will give the body a good training stimulus. 

Thank you, Jesus, for fun training and the fun of trying to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment