Monday, November 30, 2020

11/23 - 11/29

It wasn't much of a week of training, but it was the last week of school. I had two huge exam days then grading and grading and grading until I wanted to puke. Not only that, but I had to herd cats, so to speak, trying to get the stragglers to turn their work in. I finished the semester last night around 7:00 p.m. I feel like a free man.

Concerning last week's training, Monday I swam 3,400 yards and lifted weights. Tuesday I did not swim. I had exams past 5:00 p.m. and needed a nap before I could go to Plate City. Wednesday I was back in the water for 3,650 yards, my longest swim since Chicot. I lifted legs heavy.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and all I did, besides eat too much and take naps, was an upper body session at the gym. Friday I chauffeured the girls over Jackson while they shopped. I had my running shoes with me, but it rained so that I never got around to taking a shuffle.

Saturday I only lifted. I had intended to run and maybe swim also. But fatigue and fatigue and more fatigue trimmed the schedule down to watching football, grading papers, and taking naps.

For the week, I

ran not at all

cycled not at all

swam 6,443 meters, and

lifted weights five times.

Now maybe I can get back to some real training. I have big plans for the summer and they will require big training. Thank God for plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment