Monday, May 25, 2020

5/18 - 5/24

Last week was a solid block of training. It was not a 20/20 week. I missed a couple of swims because of things going on at the Hideout. I did, however, resume bicycle riding so the aerobics went through the roof.

Monday I ran 6.05 miles, stroked 5,000 yards in a straight swim, and lifted weights. Tuesday is when the cycling started. I shuffled 3.03 miles, swam 3,100 yards, and rode after Brian Waldrup texted me and asked me if I wanted a spin. O'Ryan Patterson, a cycling newbie, rode with us. I understand that he is a product of MDCC and a chef at Giardinia's. We went 17.03 miles, and when I got home, I hit Plate City for my second weight session of the week.

Wednesday I ran from the Hideout, then did my leg session of five sets of squats and some extensions there. Later I swam 5,600 yards, and Brian and I rode again this time, however, we only went ten miles. We were both tired from Tuesday.

Thursday, we were back at it, cycling 20.54 miles. First, however, I shuffled a super short 1.51 miles and swam 4,600 yards. When I got home from the biking, it was too late to lift. I could have, but I take West Nile more seriously than I take Corona. I don't go outside at night and let mosquitoes bite me.

Friday I kept things simple. I ran. I told Brian Thursday that I was out. I wanted, needed a long run. Friday is normally when I do that. I shuffled 11.1 miles. It was terribly slow. Really, some of my miles were slower than my walking pace. I could have literally started walking and sped up. But I did it and it should be good for my running endurance. That effort left little time or energy for anything else.

Saturday I neither swam nor lifted. I did, however, ride with Brian. When we got ready to go, I noticed the wind was howling out of the south. I texted him that information and he decided we should go one way, north, and have his wife, Tonya, pick us up at the end of Money Road. That's what we did and if felt great to go really fast on the bicycle. I know what you are thinking. You think that wasn't worth much because we got help from the wind. Actually, you will ride much harder with a tail wind. It's like motor pacing, riding behind a car. You will work much harder because the speed gooses you up into an effort you just won't give at slower speeds.

For the week, I

swam only 16,722 meters,
ran 24.71 miles, 
lifted weights four times, and 
cycled 66.04 miles.

That's good training right there. I don't care who you are. Thank you, Jesus, for a week of life and a week of strong training.

No comments:

Post a Comment