Sunday, May 3, 2020

Saturnday

I knew it was going to be another super busy day. In fact, all next week is going to be that way also. I had already nixed any plans to run, but I had to swim. I missed TWO days this week. At the pool, I only stroked

2,450
150 back
total: 2,600 yards = 2,376 meters

Before I lifted, I had a chore that needed doing really bad. I crawled on top of a roof. Mind you, I am afraid of heights, but I went up anyway. I did the chore and when I tried to come down, the roof was so hot that trying to get back onto the ladder burnt my hands. I'm not talking burnt as in it felt hot, I'm talking burnt as in a first degree burns. Hence, I could not get down. I felt trapped and panicky. I yelled for Penny, but she could not hear me. I moved around and tried to find a place where I was comfortable and could relax some. Comfort evaded me. Then I remembered I had my phone in my pocket so I called her. She came out and threw me some hand towels up so I could get onto the ladder.

I'm not going back up there.

At Plate City, where I never feel panicky, I did pull and legs. For the legs, it was a simple five sets of five reps a little heavier weight than I did Wednesday. On the pull, it was mostly lat pull downs for

24 X 50
21 X 60
16 X 70
12 X 75
10 X 80
  8 X 85

On the Swim Pull, I did

17 X 50
15 X 55
10 X 60
  6 X 63

Face pulls

20 X 27
14 X 37
11 X 39.5
10 X 42

So that was pretty much it: a short swim and a long lift. It made for a pretty good day and an OK week. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment